Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale Review

I got the chance to see the new Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale in asia before it's wide release in the west, so as no one else on Blogger has had a chance to speak about it yet, I thought I could be the first to review it! I recommend watching Ordinal Scale in Theater. With 7.1 surround sound, action scene are very impacting. The first boss encounter in the movie makes this sword slashing and dragging sounds and music ongoing, which is so cool. Go google "Ordinal Scale Boss fight", then watch it, and imagine there is shock wave (due to the theater speaker very loud) every time the boss swing its sword. SAO always gets the animation and action scenes right. The only reason I can't get into it is because of the characters.



They are very unrelatable to me, so I'm unable to get invested and care about them. Nothing to write home about but definitely not as horrible as the haters are saying. Music was very nice and battle scenes were cool to watch and nicely animated. But there were a ton of retarded common sense moments and plot holes regarding the way the main issue is set up and dealt with.


Overall I quite enjoyed it but as they said, the way the movie was set up, it could have been so much more, and been as good as or better than the aincrad arc. Bit of a disappointment but definitely better than either of the two TV series' second halves. Given the length of the movie though, I don't really know how they could've fleshed out the plot holes. Also Asuna and Kirito's relationship development was nice. If you guys watch it make sure to sit through the credits. I'd rate it a high 7 out of 10 despite all the issues with the plot because of sheer enjoyment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram